Friday, May 9, 2014

Finished For Friday

My Blue Heaven is quilted using Circle Lord Baptist Fan.
 The pulley system I use to display quilts for photos came out of the ceiling and fell down on top of me!
Do I seem to be accident prone recently?!
The best alternative to the usual method seemed to be to hang the quilt over the longarm and take pics. 
 So I did! But then I thought since it was such a lovely day I might get some more interesting pics outdoors. This is a large quilt, 86x94" and lacking a little on the backing I pieced in this strip of small blue stars that fits with the theme of the pieced blue stars in the quilt.
First on the patio……….
then out under the big multi trunk Brazilian Pepper tree- I love this tree it is a huge umbrella shape that shades almost our entire small suburban yard.
  How different things look  in a garden setting with the dappled sun peeping through.
I used pale blue Sew Fine thread from Superior on top and pale gray Superior Bottom Line thread in the bobbin. Batting this time is Hobbs Heirloom 80/20 for that lovely definition.
Originally I was doing the BF design freehand and I thought it was acceptable but never could get that lovely symmetry I longed for. Eventually I invested in the Circle Lord system and purchased both Baptist fan and Swirls boards. At some point I would like to have the Giant Clam Shell boards and perhaps some crosshatching.

1 comment:

Andee said...

It is gorgeous Ros! I still have the last border on mine to go...cannot wait to get it in your hands!