Sunday, March 16, 2008

Patio is done!


It was a big job for DH but single handed he has paved the back yard, well three quarters of it & the yard looks terrific. Walt is very well pleased with the results & tomorrow I will take pics. It has transformed the yard which always looked unkempt to me with the gravel. I told Walt that I love the result but hate the fact that the reason I asked him to do it is to make a memorial garden for our son. St.Francis is back in place under the Brazilian Pepper tree with Matthew's cross. I'll get some annuals to plant around the tree after we return from CO. & Spring Break with Lucas & family, everyone else will ski & snowboard but I am thinking I may pass, I am very afraid of the risk of damage to my deteriorating joints.
I quilted this floral quilt with a meandering vine & will mail it out tomorrow to the piecer in Colorado. The fabrics are soft, pretty & busy & we knew that none of the quilting would show except on close inspection. The outline of the quilting can be seen on the back & that's about all. I used QD wool again, it is a lovely batting & it's so light it will be perfect for the elderly woman who receives it for her 80th. birthday.The rest of this week will be mostly spent on draperies for son#1 & fiance's home - they have asked to if I can complete the drapes before their wedding, April 5th. & of course I wear a large "S" on my cloak! They are expecting around 80 guests & the festivities are outdoors around the pool area - the AZ weather should make for a perfect evening & pics of course will be posted!

No comments: