Friday, November 27, 2009

Saturday

This week has been busy, too busy to post since Monday. I had loads of baking to do Wednesday and Thanksgiving we were gone most of the day, in fact poor Button acted as if we had been gone for a month. She tried three times to jump into my arms as I came in the door and my arms were full so she didn't succeed until the fourth try by which time I had dropped all the stuff on the counter. She fussed and chattered and scolded me for several minutes, "You were gone so long I thought you'd never come back, I was so lonely all by myself here, where were you? I didn't have any fun, I didn't get to go to the park today either and now I am awfully hungry and you took all that yummy smelling food with you!" And so on and so forth scarcely pausing to breathe, funny little dog!
Doesn't she look so sad and neglected?
Here are a few pics from Thanksgiving at Mem's parent's house. Her Mum and me, decked out in our aprons.............
four of my fellas......oldest and youngest DS, DGS #3 and DH.
the beautiful little family.....
Daddy and his little boy.......
playing airplane, he loves that........
and finally, with doting Grandmother.
I did manage to get in a bit of sewing, my last two UFO's are now ready to quilt and as they are small and the same size and will both be quilted with the same thread color, I mounted them side by side on the LA this evening. Tomorrow I plan to get them quilted and bound. These two are for our sister churches in Kigeme and Taba, Rwanda.

4 comments:

Ruby said...

Great family photos! Buttons was sooo glad to see you! Poor baby! Lovely quilts. :)

Tamera said...

What a beautiful family!

Awesome little quilts!

Miri said...

Looks like you had a wonderful family Thanksgiving!

Lovely watercolor quilts...they look perfect for Christmas.

farmlady said...

Love the photos. Matthew is so cute. I would guess that's because he has such handsome parents.
Glad you had a good Thanksgiving.
Those quilts are beautiful.