Saturday, November 1, 2008

Tea pot cosy and a new piecing project


Our monthly Guild meeting today, fellowship, business, lunch & sewing. I didn't do the block of the month, a Christmas quilt, but instead I made this sweet tea pot cosy for a friend for Christmas. I think it is really pretty & it has a matching wall hanging that I plan to make for this same friend's birthday.
I also mended two prs. of DH's jeans, oh how I do despise mending especially jeans! They are so stiff & heavy & it's a real PITA to get the legs to fit over the free arm & maneuver around to attach & secure the patch. I think next time it would be worth it to go to Costco & buy new ones for $12 each, don't you think my time & effort is worth that much? Costco is less than a mile from our Phx. home so I know I could run out & purchase new jeans in the same time it takes to put the dratted patches on!
I still had some time at Guild so I cut up these lovely fabrics for my next piecing project- the pattern is called "Future's so bright". Here's the scrappy version I saw that initated this project-the quilter from Stashbusters was generous in sharing the basic measurements but I decided to make mine a controlled colorway & was able to pull these fabrics from stash, love using those stash fabrics! It's a very simple pattern set on point & I think it will sew up fast though there won't be much piecing for me for the next couple of weeks, too many tops waiting to be LA'ed. I think I also may have a suitable backing in stash for this quilt, I'd like to use up some backing yardage so I have a legitimate reason to buy others,LOL! I can imagine that a stop border in the bright floral will set it off nicely & then the W on W for a final border & bind with the floral.
Now how would you quilt this one? Just an all-over?
Tomorrow we must finish packing up to return to AZ & I am anxious to get back into life with my family & friends in Phx. Summer is over & it's time to go south!

1 comment:

Miri said...

Pretty tea cozy and great fabrics for that quilt.