Saturday, December 22, 2012

Saturday Report

 BJ came by today to pick up her quilt that came off the longarm last night. It looks sort of Christmassy I think, but isn't intended to be.
 It's quilted all over with freehand leaves and vines in keeping with the nature based fabric designs.
The quilting is pretty subtle, using a pale green Superior brand trilobal polyester.
Then I headed out to brave the Christmas crowds, not nearly as bad as I expected but my purchases were mostly gift certificates plus some few grocery items. I had ordered a small pork crown roast for Christmas dinner and my sweet cleaning ladies have left me home made enchiladas for Christmas Eve!
As of this evening I am caught up on the "Easy Street" mystery quilt, in the nick of time because a new clue was released today! Above is Clue #3, shaded four patches.
And clue #4, 64 more Flying Geese combined with 64 Geese from Clue #2! I haven't had time to peek at Clue #5 yet but I have next week to do it, however I also need to cut and pre-sew for the NYE Mystery that my group does each year. This time we will gather for the day at Jacki's home, it should be fun as she has plans for extra curricular activities! 

1 comment:

Gari in AL said...

I love the subtle quilting cuz I mostly love texture. Congrats on being caught up on ES. I am so impressed with me, I got step 5 done on Friday which means I have some time to either clean in the studio or start a new project. ??