Sunday, June 3, 2018

Button

Because she was such a large part of our family for 13 years I cannot ignore her loss.
Our precious, spunky, loving, clever little Australian Terrier is no longer with us, we allowed her to return to her Creator before the cancers she was fighting on two fronts could make her miserable.
 We took her for a last stroll in the greenbelt the evening before my vet friend of more than 30 years came out to see Button over the Rainbow Bridge. She was still able to scold us for being too slow with her food or failing to attend to some other need, but she was definitely not the same dog and we would not allow the cancer to rob her of even those pleasures. So with heavy hearts and many tears, still now as I write, we said our farewells to the best little friend we could ever ask for. It was particularly poignant for me as she was my shadow after our son died in 2006, she would sit on my lap as I sat on the floor in my closet and wept for my lost son.
Such a faithful loving companion without equal, flying with us to Boston twice a year, and back and forth to Colorado or wherever we traveled any distance by car.

We made her grave on our son's property in Strawberry marked by a cairn of rocks and identified with a memorial stone marker.
We are so thankful for her life with us, and it was a good life, she was adored by everyone who ever met her, and given every comfort we could provide.
I hope that God who provides every good thing will find a place for these beloved creatures with whom He blesses our lives.
You left your paw prints on our hearts Button dog.


2 comments:

Roslyn said...

I do not know why this comment was deleted Elaine, I ams sorry! I certainly did not intend to.

Elaine said...

Not a problem Roslyn. So sorry about Button. I know how hard these things are.