Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Mostly Batik!

Linking up with Heather for Needlework Tuesday [on Thursday!]
Occasionally I have issues quilting batiks but this one gave me no trouble. BJ needed it ready for her friends' wedding the end of the month so she has lots of time to bind and attach the label which I made separately since I did not have the details in time to embroider the backing.
 BJ said that this quilt went together very fast so it might be one I will try when I need a quilt in a hurry. It turned out very pretty in batiks.
 Freehand peacock feathers in the body of the quilt with separate borders.
 The backing, makes a reversible quilt for a change!
I used King Tut 100% cotton variegated #990 from Superior in the top and Bottom Line in the Bobbin.
The batting BJ brought is Warm and Natural 100% cotton.

No comments: