Thursday, September 10, 2015

Another Fast One!

Well, it's only a top but it was very fast, it's an idea from Angela Walter's for a little top to try out new quilting designs. Hers was all solids but my stash has minimal solids so I used what I had and I love the result, it's another example of my current interest in modern quilt designs and the photo does not do justice to the fabric colors.
I think it will make a darling baby quilt but I love it myself if I had a use for a table topper in these colors!  The stripe is one of the new Aussie Aboriginal fabrics I purchased at Capital Quilts in MD. recently and I like it so much I wanted to get another yard but they have not responded to my email so I went shopping in my PJ's!
 I only found a couple of US outlets for these, the best is at One World fabrics.
This one is Desert Flowers by Maria Elena Ellis. There are some other beauties at One World Fabrics, these guys have a terrific selection of really stunning designs. Having grown up with Aussie Aboriginal designs on many objects they are dear and familiar and the recent trend by M&S Textiles in eye popping colors is irresistibly gorgeous to a quilter!
So I added another half dozen to my Aussie stash, and I am most anxious to get to work on a quilt with them.

No comments: