Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Progress!

This quilt has languished since my April visit to Texas, and I think I will quilt it as is, I tried adding a piano key border of the fabrics in the quilt and I hated it!
Adding the white border satisfies me, sort of floating the blocks, but I haven't yet decided on a quilting design.
I made a little cover for one of my new chairs, just didn't like the feel of the chair seat without any fabric over it. There's one layer of a very thick poly batting in the middle enough for a smidgeon of padding.
These "I Can Quilt It" panels have been aging and it was a good use for them. The chair is more comfy and it took them out of stash and into something useful! I have more of this fabric that needs to be used so I will probably make another seat cover for the second chair.
Above the additional Aussie Aboriginal fabrics I found at One World Fabrics, the purple/pink second from the left is called "Grandmother's Journey". I am a grandmother and I am called Grandmother by all but the youngest grandson whose name for me is "Grandnanna" and I have had many journey's beginning with the first big one ll the way from Australia, so I had to have it! The gold one on the far right is called "Women's Business" so  you know I had to have that one too, LOL!
Next up on the long arm, my own "Grand Illusion" quilt.
The next Bonnie Hunter mystery will begin Thanksgiving weekend and I plan to substitute different colors from Bonnie's for a change.

No comments: