Thursday, December 4, 2014

Friday Finishes

This is a Northcott Starry Nights 2 panel.
Very simple quilting on this little Christmas banner, meandering strings of tiny Christmas lights in the amazing Superior gold metallic thread, usual speed, a little easing on the top tension and not a hitch in the process. I do not know how they make this Superior metallic so sturdy but the silver is just as dependable.
This banner did not require much embellishment it is already quite lovely but I will also be adding a bit more bling in the form of some hot fix crystals.
There is a string of LED lights to go on when I have made the holes in the appropriate positions. I also need to go to the 35th. Ave store to purchase a little of the coordinating fabric for binding- perhaps Saturday- then I can get it finished and mailed away to the recipients in time for Christmas display.

Here is Mr.Linky to join in and show off your week's progress.

1 comment:

Andee said...

Very cool! I would never attempt something like that!