Friday, December 19, 2014

Easiest Christmas Biscotti

A friend who checks my blog reminded me of the Christmas biscotti I always make, except that I had forgotten them this year! But since I haven't begun baking I can still get them done- I had some quilting to finish up for pre- Christmas delivery, so thanks for reminding me Shirley!
These are a huge hit with everyone who has ever eaten them to the extent that some people[names withheld to protect the guilty, LOL] have been known to hide them from her their family! And the best part? It's wicked easy!
Here are some packaged ready to go.
Below is the recipe but if you want some visual aids check this post I made about this time last year.
Oh, and I do plan to make the salted caramel bars again even though those things are seriously evil and dangerous for your figure!

Here's the basic easiest recipe, I have "scratch" recipes too but this one is so simple!

Two cake mixes, one yellow or white and the other red velvet.
2 cups all purpose flour.
1 cup butter, melted.
4 eggs.
2 Tbl. vanilla, orange juice, port wine or any liqueur.
 1 cup of dried cranberries, white chocolate chips. 

Preheat oven to 350degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment or wax paper.
I mix the yellow cake mix first then the red velvet.
First color:
Beat two eggs and half cup melted butter until combined, with vanilla or other flavoring. Add yellow cake mix, one cup flour and half the fruit and or nuts etc. all at once and mix until combined-it will be a soft cookie dough consistency if it feels a bit dry I add a little more of the flavoring I'm using.
Make four rolls approx. 1" in diameter two on each of the prepared cookie sheets and set aside.
Second color
Make the red devil mix using exactly the same method as above, lay a roll of red velvet up against the yellow on the cookie sheet and press them firmly together so they will bake up as one roll.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. 
Cool about 10 minutes then slice diagonally in 3/4” to  1" pieces, lay on their sides and re-bake another 5 minutes.  Turn the pieces over and bake a final 5 minutes on the other side.
Cool and dip one end in melted white chocolate and sprinkle with red or green sugar 
They will keep for a loooong time in an airtight container or frozen for even longer if they stay around!
.

Enjoy! My DH likes them for breakfast with his coffee! Any questions send me an email.

3 comments:

Cactusneedle said...

Thank you! I will try these. Wish I had checked my email before going to the store this afternoon. :)

Anonymous said...

Blessings to you and your family. Merry Christmas. The Boy must be excited.

Dotti

Andee said...

Finally made them...house smells so good. I suspect I need to take some to work so I don't fall off my wagon!