Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Playing With Jacks


Quilted with "Swirls". I think the binding will be pieced/scrappy.
Pieced backing, using left over fabrics, gets them gone from the stash and saves purchasing a back and I think it makes an interesting contemporary alternative to the front. Yes, I am a fan of pieced backs! 
Close up showing more detail. The batting used in this quilt is Dream Green, a product from Quilter's Dream made from recycled materials. It quilts nicely and stands up to a lot of abuse, appropriate for a boy's bunk bed! I also use this Dream Green batting for the Wounded Warrior quilts, many of them get a lot of laundering when the soldier is still in a hospital setting.

2 comments:

Tami said...

I love the swirl quilting - The predominant fabric in the quilt I'm making has a subtle swirl pattern so I as envisioning something like this for the quilting.

Your quilt is beautiful. Lovely colors.

Heather said...

The quilt is beautiful Roslyn. The combination of red and black with the added greys is always so crisp and very appealing. I'm planning a small wallhanging using those colours. Hope it looks even half as good as yours.

Thanks for linking up with Needlework Tuesday.for nlyinnot