Thursday, September 6, 2012

Wholecloth Quilts

The youth group at our church is having a fund raiser and I offered a quilt for the event.
 However these small quilts are easy to do two at a time using a single piece of fabric for top and another for the backing. Wide Kona muslin works nicely, with two layers of batting Quilter's Dream on the bottom with polyester on top to give definition to the quilting.
I mark out a rough outline with erasable or disappearing markers, then freehand the quilting. Next time I will take a few pics of the process from the marking part onwards so you can see how it goes.
This time I decided to quilt the crosses with Superior silver metallic, the balance was quilted with Superior So Fine.
Now to bind them, by machine of course!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Reddirt Woman said...

I bet the subtlety of the silver metallic on the crosses is beautiful... and I learned a new term today, wholecloth quilts!

Hugs.