Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Two Finishes


These two quilts came from Cathy in Denver- I received them the week or so before Christmas and hoped to get them out sooner but I sort of lost my mojo for a few weeks with my Dad's death. This week I determined that I needed to get back into gear. Being the rather OCD person and easily guilted by any failure of my own to follow through, I promptly quilted them and mailed them off to Cathy.
The first is large, 77"x92", quilted in an all over leafy design with separate leaf border. The thread is King Tut, a variegated green/yellow from Superior that still doesn't show the quilting until you see it in person. This is the second of the same BOM design that I have quilted, as Carol and her friend Linda both made these blocks in similar batik colors, you can see how different Linda's version looks if you click here. I used the same KT thread in a variegated blue for the first quilt, and custom quilted the whole thing, which almost made me blind-it's so hard to see the quilting on these batiks, which is why I decided to use an all-over design on Cathy's. In order to have the quilting show up more I would have had to use a bright gold and I was afraid that would not be as pretty, too intrusive.

The small wall hanging has 3D Flying Geese blocks and needed only very simple quilting, the piecing tells the story. I used mostly a warm brown Sew Fine thread [except for the sky] also from Superior. Do you get the idea I use mostly Superior threads?!

2 comments:

Andee said...

Is mine up next, lol? I can't wait. Nice job as always!

Roslyn said...

Your Schnibbles is on the LA now Andee!