Early hours of Wednesday morning this came off the longarm. I decided to stay up and finish it so I could get it mailed off priority to Colorado before noon. Linda is flying to TX Saturday and would like to take the quilt with her for her future DIL's wedding shower.
Linda's border treatment helps to frame the dark fabrics, notice the unusual effect in opposite corners.
It isn't easy to see the quilting with such busy fabric but I used King Tut thread in a variegated blue, quilting leaf wreaths in each block and leaves in the sashing. I decided to treat all four borders as one with columbines and hummingbirds and I notice that I forgot to take a close up of the border.
I experimented with different angles to see if the quilting showed any better...........
then turned on the flash to see if that helped but I think it only faded the colors.
Here's a close up of the backing and one of the leaf wreaths.
You see a little of the border design from the back- more experiments with lighting-I once read about a tutorial online about photographing quilts, I really should hunt it down and do some study on the subject, when I have time!
Keeping my fingers crossed that it reaches Linda safely on Friday.