Saturday, September 13, 2014

Finished For Friday 14th.Sept.

This is a quilt that started life at quilt retreat last week and I set it aside weary of all the little nine patches. I pulled it out today and worked at it for a couple of hours, then went to the gym and later finished it off at about 11:30 pm!
The plan was for it to be a QOV but now I am wondering if it's too feminine, that outer border especially is floral. There are supposed to be stars in alternate gold blocks but I decided to forgo those, I really don't want to fuss with applique but maybe the stars would make it more masculine?
What is the consensus of opinion? 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rod.

Great quilt. Remember there are female vets out there that would think it is awesome. Which it is. Dotti

vickie in nh said...

Ros - I'd leave it as is as there are definitely female vets out there too ;-)

Karb328 said...

Definitely add a few stars! And why do we always think a man's quilt can not have any florals in it? The quilt is plenty masculine--border and all.