Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11- I Pledge Allegiance.........

A Quilt Of Valor for a Wounded Warrior.

Placing flags at the Veteran's cemetery.

I cannot post today without acknowledging the anniversary of another "day that will live in infamy", a day that none of us will ever forget, never will it fade from our memories the knowledge of those who perished, the heroics of so many. We will always recall on this anniversary, where we were & what we were doing when the cowardly Islamic Terrorists attacked the shores of our nation. It was this event that brought me to the decision to apply for US citizenship. My friends used to tell me, "Ros, you are more patriotic than many Americans you need to get citizenship!" It took a year or two but here are a couple of pics of that day.
It was a very emotional moment for me, I had to hold back the tears.
Now I am proudly American, although I will forever love the land of my birth, but America the Beautiful is my Home now, the home of my children & grandchildren. I am proud of America- proud of it's history of kindness & generosity to others in need, proud of our Military that sacrifices their all for this nation & it's occupants, & I am blessed with my family to be able to share in the heritage of this honorable & admirable republic, "One Nation under God, Indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all".
God bless America and Americans & especially all who faithfully & sacrificially serve this great & wonderful nation.

7 comments:

Pat said...

Your post brought tears to my eyes...both for its beautifully-worded comments about 9-11-01 (when I lived in NJ in a town that saw many lose their lives to the attack on the World Trade Center towers)....but also for your decision to undertake studying for citizenship and achieving it. I was a school teacher for many years and my last few years of teaching were to teach English and U.S. Citizenship studies to foreign-born adults. I know the passion with which they studied and the pride they had as our newest Americans when they passed their tests and were sworn in at the federal building. I am honored that you are became one of our citizenry. Thank you for a wonderful post today.

Miri said...

You said it all so beautifully...thank you.

Dena said...

Thank you for such a wonderful message.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Ros, and thank you for your family's service!

Bari

SewCalGal said...

Thank you for remembering 9-11 and for taking time to post your thoughts on your blog. May we never forget.

I am also happy you have become an US citizen. You worked hard for this citizenship and proudly show it. Thank you! Be proud. You've earned that right and it is fun to shout it out, as loud as you can.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Khris said...

Good looking young man there Roslyn...hugs Khris from your home country....lol

Gramma 2 Many said...

Amazing post Ros. It is sad that more people who are born here and have enjoyed its freedoms all of their lives do not have the same sense of patriotism that you have.
Your picture took me back to two years ago, when on my birthday I watched my good friend Msoshi Melinde become a naturalized citizen. I will never forget the swell in my heart and the proud look he had when he was sworn in.