Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Trouble And Boo

If you are not familiar with Trouble And Boo Designs you can find them at this link. They have some very cute patterns, and I simply could not resist this one called"Desert Denizens", especially as we live in Arizona where they all hang out!
This sort of project is very fiddly and time consuming and for the labor invested I do not find them rewarding so I usually choose not to make them but some times it's just too tempting and this was one such a time!
I loved the simple quilting and that was what drew me to make it.
 But fussy it was, all those tiny pieces on the owls and quail. I also
cut and attached half inch wide strips to get the color variation [yellow and blue] of the pieces to the side and bottom of the quails.  The original design was a piece of striped fabric. Those little pieced blocks are also smaller than what I would normally choose.
In the end I enjoyed the project even if it did take the better part of a week to construct-but quilting was fast! Then I saw another Trouble and Boo design that lured me and I purchased the pattern-it's now on my bucket list! Some people never learn..............

No comments: