Monday, October 14, 2019

Catching Up from July!

This will take a few posts, it's been a busy summer for travel, family and quilting. The first two are from my friend in Texas, this quilt was a project we did together and we both struggled with the extemporaneous piecing, though I think I really disliked it a lot more than Leslie! You can see mine below with a pale blue background.
 The cute pieced backing
Leslie's is much more striking with the black background but this is a child's quilt so they both will be fine!
 My backing also pieced, I really do try to use what is on hand as much as possible.
This next one Leslie really did not like so I gave it a good quilting and she was quite happy with it then to give away!
I quilted a freehand E-E floral design and a piano key border.
The two quilts below were pieced by Shiela and donated to our quilt group for gifts to two of the members who struggled with cancer. I quilted them and they were delivered to the recipients.
 This is a scrap quilt from Kaffe Fassett bits and pieces, too precious to discard! It made up beautifully and I plan to try one similar once I accumulate enough Kaffe scraps! Quilted freehand floral and separate borders with the same design
 I love this scrappy quilt with the stars so much that I am collecting 1.5" strips to make my own!
Such a happy quilt and all from 1.5" strips, 2" squares for the star points and 3.5" squares for the star center. Shiela copied the idea from Celeste one of our other quilt group members and they both say it is a fast and easy way to use small scraps.
 Quilted with quarter inch lines around each tiny piece [yes I know I am crazy but I enjoy ruler work!] and a separate sashing design.
 I love the pieced backing and made the effort to center it to make it a reversible quilt
I have much more quilting to show from my summer and a little family adventures too!

No comments: