Thursday, October 24, 2019

A Modern Baby Boy Quilt

The baby shower is Saturday and normally I would not post quilt pics until after the event, but this couple doesn't know my website and no one else is to tell them OK? It's so easy to get busy with family, church, quilting, the gym etc not to mention a little social life and then I can fall waaaay behind with posting quilty/family updates.
The quilt is for a couple whose wedding quilt I made, you can see it here. These are their chosen colors so I followed pretty closely only omitting the darker tan.
I chose a simple design
 and pumped it up with some fun modern quilting.
 It ended up about 40+ x50
 The backing needed to be a few inches wider so I inserted a few extra blocks that were left over. I think the back is really cool and will still be interesting for baby.
 Of course I used DreamAngel batting, that wonderful product by Quilter's Dream that is genetically engineered to be flame retardant.
Shhhhh, remember the shower isn't until Saturday!

No comments: