Friday, September 21, 2018

Aaah September, And We See Summer Waning?

The week began with 108 degrees, ugh, will it ever end?! But then a cool rainy front came in bringing relief and next week is predicted to be 101 degrees all week! That may seem horrible in September for anyone unused to the desert summers but to us it spells relief!
It was Yom Kippur so the schools were out Wednesday through the remainder of the week, keeping GM quite busy! A little quilting this week, and I am hoping to get a lot more done over the weekend and next week. I have three more baby quilts to finish for Baptisms at St.Mark, three in the next three weeks!
Here is number one all ready for a baby girl on Sunday. I made two of these from the MSQC Crown Quilt block pattern with little bits of fabric that were too small for anything else.
The blocks are 24.5" and very simple, great for baby quilts and lots of nice open space for quilting fun. 
The dedication label, not yet sewn down!
And my new personal custom labels from finerribbon.com
A huge roll but the only way they make the wider 2.5" ribbon that I need for quilts.
I am very pleased with them.
Next on the longarm, one of two from a kit that I split and perfect for a boy.
And the second, just a little different.
 Below is the second of the Missouri Star Quilt Company Crown block quilts,  almost identical, I had to add a couple of new  fabrics and another yard of WOW and I have until Oct 7 to complete it! We have a packed schedule now until Christmas, no time to dilly dally!

No comments: