Thursday, April 12, 2012

Machine Quilting Exposition East 2012


Three of us went to MQX this morning arriving maybe 15 minutes before the doors opened! My two companions are not quilters but they were able to admire the spectacular quilting we saw.
I had a chance to chat briefly with the delightful and energetic Janet Lee Santeusanio and her cohort Mary Schilke, the entrepeneurs whose baby the MQX is!


Here's the Best Of Show, WOW!
"America, Let It Shine"!
Sherry Reynolds completed this quilt on a DSM, amazing accomplishment, congratulations Sherry.


She included
embroidered wording of the Preamble to the Constitution, and more wording around the quilt. This quilt also won best Machine Quilting award for a "sit down" quilting set up viz. a domestic machine. We were all blown away by this quilter's exquisite work.

"Fiesta Mexicana"
Beautiful quilting from Renae Haddadin.

Pieced by Karen K. Buckley

"Night Jewel"

By Diane Durr.


"Flourish On The Vine"


By Kathy Wylie


"Chloe"

By Theresa Fetch

Tropical Fantasy

By Terri Doyle

"Crop Circles"

By Joanne Shapp

"ICU-DO U C Me"

By Birgit Schueller


"Starburst Galaxy"

By Carol Perkins

And the back of Carol's quilt.


"Remembering Dolores"

By Jan Hutchison




"Turtle Bay"


By Claudia Pfeil
And the back of Claudia's quilt

"I'm Watching You"

By Barbara McKie.
This lifelike portrait is not just adorable but a work of art "thread painted" on Barbara's domestic sewing machine, it definitely rates a wow, or maybe even a bow WOW, LOL !
These are just a few of the many exhibited quilts, kudos to one and all for their hard work!

I did just a little shopping, picked up a few more great Art Color threads from Bob at Superior Threads along with a supply of thread nets.

At Sew Batiks I found 16 Chubby Eights to supplement BJ's batiks and when I handed the young woman my CC she said "I know you, I follow your Blog, I am Vicky from NH, I never expected to see you here!" I was delighted and just as surprised as Vicky, so Hi Vicky from NH I am so happy to have met you! It is indeed a small world.
When we came out of the Convention Center the streets had been washed clean by a rain shower
and the weather was overcast, breezy and much colder, and I was very thankful for my hoodie.
We lunched at Joe's American Bar and Grill then headed back to Bridgewater.

4 comments:

Linda said...

All I can say is WOW! What fantastic work! I attended a quilt show in Florida a few years ago and have been to the People's Quilt Museum in Pennsylvania...amazing work! I know you had a blast seeing all of that beautiful stitching and patterns!

cityquilter grace said...

gorgeous eye candy ros, thanks for posting some beautiful quilts...

Sherry Reynolds said...

Just wanted to say thanks Roslyn for posting a pic of my quilt "America, Let it Shine". I so wish i could have been there, especially after finding out i had won BOS and Machine Quilting sit down. The quilt was quilted on the same machine i pieced it on, a 20 yr, old Bernina 1001.
thanks again,
Sherry Reynolds :)

vickie in nh said...

Thank you so much for taking the pictures and posting them :-) And I'm so glad to have met you in person :-)