Thursday, July 25, 2024

Ugh Blogger! So Many Quilts To Show

Warning, this post is photo heavy!

 For months I have struggled to sign into my blog, unsuccessfully, and today I thought to give it another shot. Some unknown combination maybe a constellation event LOL, has allowed me to do so today. Hallelujah, now if I can only find a way to save this link🙏🏻 so that I do not have to wait another 5 months to find the magic trick!             

There is so much to do to bring my blog up to date, I just counted 21 quilts since my last post, argh, that will be a chore for more than a couple of days! Unfortunately I seem to be missing a few Baptism quilt. photos when I know I took pics before I gave them away! I checked all 3 of myApple devices but no joy! So I will get to work and post those quilts I can show!

Circle Of Fifths Illusion

                                                             


  

I saw the above pattern on Connecting Threads website about a year ago and loved it and because I was a quite fascinated by the musical allusion, pun intended, I decided I must make it! We have a musician friend who plays in the Praise Band and does gigs around town and because of the musical connection in the design I thought to make it for him. I was so happy with the finished quilt that I told him if I didn’t love him so much I would have kept it for myself! Perhaps I will make a smaller version for me, though the fabrics are part of the beauty of the piece and I don’t know if I am able to duplicate them. I also love how the circular quilting design echoes the title. It states “For confident quilters” and it kind of was! I found I just had to be focused and precise and careful and it went swimmingly with no bother at all. 


The next quilt was a “mystery” quilt I made a couple of years ago and finally got it quilted and gifted before Christmas last year. It went to Christina, a young lady at church for her Baptsim.
                                                          And  another pieced backing using stash!
                               This E-E circle design is one of my favorites. It suits so many quilt designs.
The next two are Quilts Of Valor presented to the helicopter pilot heroes at the annual Vietnam Helicopter Pilots Reunion last May in Reno, we actually had 10 to present but these are the two I quilted, the first was custom quilted.
                                    The second has that very adaptable circle Edge to Edge design.
I guess I forgot to take a photo of the next one after I quilted it. It went to grandson Matthew’s great GM in NZ, a smallish lap quilt I quilted E-E clamshells on.  I had lots of extra rectangles prepped so I made a larger version (below) where you can perhaps make out the quilting design
Its a larger quilt, 62”x72”.
And a very bright and busy backing, somehow I ended up with about 7 yds of this gifted from another quilter and it makes a good backing for a bright quilt.
The next is a 50” square cowboy quilt a “Giant Hunter’s Star” for a friend’s grandson. I purchased quite a lot of this particular collection of little cowboy fabrics “Howdy” by Moda, thinking “what little boy doesn’t at some stage want to be a cowboy?” I am getting down to the last of it I think/hope, but there are some 10”squares from a layer cake left with little cowgirls for a horse loving family! 
                                                                        Hudson’s quilt
                                             Pieced backing of fabrics from the same collection 
I think I will take a break, this is time consuming and my tummy tells me-as does the clock-that it is dinner time 



 



No comments: