Thursday, July 25, 2024

More Quilts!

60”x60” baby boy quilt for Lydia, the daughter of my friend Theresa in WI. I believe the  babe is due in September. Made from my collection of the cowboy line “Howdy” from Moda fabrics featuring little cowboys in action, horseshoes and cowboy boots. Very cute and lots of interesting things for a baby to discover! 

The batting is of course Quilters Dream Angel, engineered to be non flammable the backing is a solid gold and the quilting design E-E ovals.
Below are two Baptism quilts for 4 and 6 year old sisters Baptised in March. They were thrilled with their “blankets” and have told me a couple of times since that they carry them around all the time 🥰      
                                          
                                             
                                              The quilt above I custom quilted, it has a blue backing
  The star quilt was for the four year old and it has a fun striped backing. I quilted it with E-E clam shells
  The bright and cheerful quilt below was a kit from Missouri Star Quilt Company a year ago or more. I  thought it would be a nice gift for a girl, maybe a Baptism or birthday, we will see when the need comes up! I always like to have a few on hand for last minute events.
The kit included the backing and again I used the fast Baptist Fan, one of my favorite traditional E-E designs. It looks great on many quilts both modern and traditional and you will see me use it often!
Below
Another scrappy batik this one with a scrappy white background. I put it together at a 4 day “in town” retreat. My friend Susan Q was making a scrappy quilt in the same design and I happened to have a box of batik scraps and decided it would be a good use of them. It made up very fast from 16 x 2.5” squares plus 8 HST’s for each block. I put it together super fast and then decided it needed a stop border of batik strips and a scrappy batik binding. Way to go to use up all those small pieces with an eye catching result! I love how it turned out and I will probably make another like it, I have plenty of batik scraps! 
                                        As you can see the spiral E-E quilt design looks just great 

The colorful quilt up next quilt was an online 3 day Zoom class that I took during COVID madness, with my friend Leslie from Texas. I know it’s wildly colorful, these are all Kaffe Fasset fabrics so that’s to be expected! It was run by the sisters from Sew Kind Of Wonderful or SKOW for short! Not surprisingly I did not finish during the class and finally got it all done last year. 
I quilted it with feathers and ruler work similar to the sample we saw on SKOW website. I used a wool batting so it’s very light weight and shows great definition of the quilting. The binding is scrappy Kaffe Fasset and I love it all-this quilt lives on one of my blue leather couches so I can see it all the time! 
This is the wonderful backing I used rather than the one that came with the class kit. It’s a wide back and I had purchased it last year I think, just because it was gorgeous and on sale!                                                    

The next quilt is my friend Shiela’s, her work is always exemplary! Lovely fabric and design choices and neat seams and always a square finished quilt🥰 It is all ruler work and feathers, those are my default quilting choices when nothing else seems to fit
I saw it beautifully bound and hanging in her home a few weeks ago and it looks even better.

Below, these traditional CW era-ish blocks I purchased at a sale at one of our quilter’s homes. She had lost her long battle with breast cancer and left a husband and two preteen children. Limbania was  a fairly experienced quilter and her work was always lovely. I set the blocks with sashing and cornerstones and it turned out very nicely 
I like to think some day someone will finish up my UFO’s-Un Finished Objects😘



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So good to catch up with you and your quilting. My niece, Patti was just asking about you so it will be doubly nice to give her an update. Isn’t it wonderful to have little people to share quilts. Any excuse to make a beautiful quilt. Hope your family, particularly your husband is doing well. Making good use of that new studio. I am finishing a Dresden quilt in celebration of our 60th anniversary. Should have it done before 61. Happy quilting. Dotti in CT.