Saturday, December 5, 2020

Only Ten to Go!

Whew, I just counted ten more quilts I haven't blogged on yet. I am not a fan of the current modus operandi for Blogger, it takes more steps to complete each part and once the photos are uploaded they are hard to manipulate.I just counted seven steps to upload the pictures and then I have to still move them around and re-size them. Of course it probably doesn't help that I got so far behind and now catching up seems more of a chore than the fun it used to be. Maybe once I am caught up it will be fun again!

This beautiful quilt belongs to the very talented Shiela, who loves needle turn applique and this Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt is beautifully embellished with said applique , one of a kind.

It didn't make sense to custom quilt the center of the quilt, Bonnie's designs are so busy the quilting wouldn't show up the design so I did an E-E there and custom borders.
                                                    This is a partial view of the backing

              Then there is the Dear Jane also belonging to Shiela, these little blocks are all different, 81 of them. I used two layers of batting as usual in a wall quilt, a thinner flatter on the bottom like Quilters Dream Angel and wool on top for definition. I think it's one of Shiela's favorites and it should be, there's an enormous investment of time in those tiny blocks.
Each block is quilted as it spoke to me, but I tried to keep consistent designs throughout the quilt. I chose to leave the tiny sashings unquilted to better show off the individual blocks.


No comments: