Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Wheelchair Quilt


This was quilted and bound yesterday now only lacks a label. Quilted freehand with a flower/leaf design and brown thread. This is the second quilt from this collection of fabrics so I was really scraping the bottom of the barrel to get it finished, using almost every last bit.
The batting is Dream Angel, non flammable, super soft and light, and a freehand flower/leaf quilting design with brown thread.

The backing is an eclectic mixture, LOL, a combination of extra blocks and left over fabric plus a yard of a "ring in" fabric that sort of goes with the front! The binding is also a different fabric, it just needed to blend with everything .
Makes it "interesting", no?!
PS.There is a mistake in this quilt, can you find it!

8 comments:

Jody said...

I like your pieced back!

Furball Farm Quilting said...

I actually love the "ring in" fabric, very nice indeed. Nice quilt Ros

Linda said...

I love the pieced back! I have not tried it yet, but have thought about it when I don't have exactly what I want for backing! Nice quilt!

farmlady said...

IT is interesting. The back has a "kimono" feel to it.
Is it a "wheelchair" quilt because it's a smaller size?

Roslyn said...

Hmm yes it does have a bit of the look of the Orient I hadn't noticed that.
It is about 46" square and for a lady in a wheelchair-I wanted to be sure it wouldn't get hung up in the wheels.

Andee said...

Mistake is lower left the light brown block is turned...I had to look hard for it though so doubt most fools would notice it! Is mine on the longarm yet??? SMILE!

Miri said...

Great quilt and fantastic fabrics! I just love the blue-added- fabric on the back!

Heather said...

Let's just call it a design variation. Great fabric combo.