Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Using A Few Scraps!

Friend BJ and I had a relaxing day sewing together on Saturday, only taking time out for lunch at Einstein's and a stop at Quiltz for a couple of bargain buys.
BJ worked on a mystery quilt while I pulled out some orphan blocks and other strips and bits to come up with this little baby quilt. It is always nice to have a baby quilt on hand and it will quilt up in no time flat.
There is absolutely no pattern to this and I didn't even have a design plan in mind just a desire to use a few scraps, my scrap drawer is overflowing! Still!
The couple of orphan blocks in this colorway were 8.5" so I made up enough other blocks that size to get a small quilt then used left over strips for a border. It's about 36"x 46", perfect new baby size. These fabrics were left over from several baby quilts, my only regret, I didn't use up more scraps!
Yesterday baby Matt was here, it felt as if he had gained several pounds since Thursday, boy is he getting heavy!

1 comment:

Miri said...

Sweet baby quilt...soft and romantic too. Great use of scraps. I agree that scrap quilts never seem to use up enough scraps.