Saturday, January 5, 2008

In the beginning...............

Everyone[well many of my acquaintances & most of my online quilting buddies] seems to have a blog, it's the "in" thing & if you don't blog, well, then you are definitely not "in". Now I am probably showing my age by the use of the vernacular but I can't think of the current buzz word. No doubt I have just confirmed the above. Okay, I remember-it's "sweet"!I thought this would be a way to record my sewing/quilting progress - I am newly committed to sew up some of the STABLE [{fabric} Stash Accumulation Beyond Life Expectancy] that I have neatly grouped on shelves in my studio by color & theme. This continues to increase in size & number as recently as today. I guess you could say that I am an unashamed & unrepentant collector of beautiful fabrics. I can easily get lost in a quilt shop as the colors & textures swirl around me & I am oblivious to the passing of time.
I thought that I might also use the blog as a journaling tool- I have since childhood had a love affair with words, & find it necessary to use multiples of said words to express my thoughts & emotions.
Anyone who knows me would no doubt say that I wear my heart on my sleeve-what you see is pretty much what you get, I have a difficult time pretending to be what I am really not.
This has become even more evident the past months-nearly 18 of them, since our beloved son Matthew died .
I plan to post pictures, of my quilting, perhaps my family, the beautiful Colorado mountains where we have a summer retreat home
&
other [to me] interesting subjects.












DH and our four handsome sons.

No comments: