Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Snowstorm!

Headed back to Colorado for my guild's spring retreat, DH and I made a rather late start.
As we drove north the temperature dropped at each stop so by the time we got to Cortez there was a biting cold wind. The fellow in the coffee shop told us it was to be down to the 20's in Cortez tonight and I wondered then how cold it would be up here at 9,000ft!
Soon after leaving Cortez we ran into this-
and this..........
and this.........
visibility was getting worse......
These unfortunate folk who were driving a little too careless for the conditions.....
Then the storm slowed a bit and this lovely winter scene emerged......
This is Trout Lake.
We arrived safely, stopping down in Ridgway before coming up the mountain in order to find something to eat -Thai food, it was the only thing open at 8.45 pm!
The house was pretty chilly till the heat began to "kick it up a notch" and I have a microwaved rice-bags on my feet and my hands!
It's still snowing, I hope the roads aren't bad in the morning, I'm not happy driving on snow.
On the other hand, I am so happy to be seeing my CO. Huggy Bunch ladies tomorrow.
The retreat begins Friday morning, three days of sewing and fun and fellowship with the nicest group of quilters in CO-IMHO!

5 comments:

Miri said...

You did write "Spring Retreat" didn't you? :)

Gorgeous snow scenes!

gramma2many said...

Have fun!! I.Am.So.Ready.For.Spring!!

Khris said...

Ohhh you lucky buggers...I would love to be stranded up there in the snow with you guys. Have fun girlfriend..hugs Khris

Carol said...

Wow! We came in the next day and the roads were beautiful! See ya tomorrow! Drive safely!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Now that's snow! Great photos