DH put new rails on my LA, the company replaced the powder coated with anodized & we have had a few adjustments but I am still not happy with the amount of vibration which is usually pretty much non existent on an A-1, so we have a little more work there. Other than that, "Ellie" is sewing just great, making a perfect stitch & behaving very nicely, thank you!
This bright & cheery floral quilt came from friend Loretta, it is for her mom who loves flowers & is in a nursing home setting. I think it should bring some color to her room & will be sturdy enough to withstand institutional laundering.
It's what you might call a busy quilt so the quilting doesn't really show, & I used King Tut variegated yellow, which blends in even more. I quilted an all over flower design with leaves in the borders.
Earlier this week I received two quilts from a Denver piecer. These two are fairly busy,with mixed techniques, applique etc. sampler/BOM type of quilts that will require custom treatment.
I did the smaller one first & it went more smoothly than I expected because I had no idea what I would do until I actually turned the machine on! That often happens to me, inspiration comes at the last minute! The borders were a little full but it quilted out pretty well & I think it turned out very nicely, a really pretty quilt.
Because it is so busy & again I used a King Tut variegated in blues this time, the quilting doesn't show up much until you see the back which is purple batik. The entire quilt is batiks & unlike some LA's my A-1 has no issue at all with these very dense fabrics
From the back you can see in the upper left corner block where there were applique flowers I did a peacock feather fill, but I wasn't as pleased with it as I'd hoped so in the bottom right corner block I did the pebbles & I like them much better.
The other blocks all got leaf wreaths excepts for the block with the applique heart which got a leaf heart, see it from the front in the photo below.
I took a close up of the pebble fill but again the thread matches so well it's hard to see the detail.
Next I have to tackle the large one, here's a preview before quilting! It's so large that you can't see the entire quilt laid out but you get the idea, sampler blocks & applique.
I imagine that there will be more enquiries about the origin of this quilt but sadly I have to tell you that they were class projects so the patterns are not available to my knowledge.