Wednesday, February 28, 2024

It's Going To Take A While!

Because it’s been a while, I have been shut out for so long and unable to post and even now I am not sure how I did it🤷‍♀️ Blogger is the least helpful in fact non existent, no thanks, Google!! I only hope I can manage to figure it out again. Now there is so much to cover to get current I barely know where to begin but since this is a mostly quilting blog  I will go forward from the last quilts I posted.

In May of 2022 I completed the quilting of a queen size (81x101”) BOM a client made for her daughter’s wedding. Cannot remember the name now, but it’s an unusual BOM with many different sized blocks and the maker even included a few photos of the couple prior to the wedding.


          


It would include too many more photos to show the entire quilt but you get the idea, I hope, it was a big job inventing the quilting design for each block as I went along!

                 The quilt above came from my friend Linda in CO.Springs, just fast freehand feathers
The following are Quilts Of Valor made for the annual presentation at Vietnam Helicopter Reunion of which my DH is a member.
I quilted this one and the quilt below, I usually quilt 2 or 3 each year for this organization. The quilters who make them are all wives of members.

                         And here a group of happy recipients, an emotional time for them.
My friend Leslie in TX and I each made one of these together a couple of years ago-pre Wuhan Flu- and I just got around to quilting mine which now hangs in my studio.
                          The baby quilt for our youngest grandson, Owen Walter, born Jan.10th. 2023.
                                  Here with big brother Matthew and little sister Emma
He arrived in the world at a hefty 9lbs.6ozs. And 22” long. A whopper, LOL, especially for his 5ft.2” Mommy.
                                            
       I think I shall call it a day and begin a new post! Thanks for hanging in there with me, I am hoping to be much more efficient if only I can find my way back into this site to continue blogging.



1 comment:

Andee Neff said...

Yay, you got it working. Emma is now a big sister (lol you called her little sister). Matthew looks so grown!