Thursday, March 3, 2022

The Giant Star QOV

I choose to dedicate a lot of time to these Quilts Of Valor, believing that our military risks everything for us and I will not offer anything less than my best to them. 

The only blocks that are the same in this quilt are the large triangles on each side, I thought it was more balanced keeping them alike.
      After the first corner square I decided I would be too bored making them all the same!
                     And since I had begun with the stars I made stars in each one.
                     The star points have alternating swirls and peacock feathers.
               Feathers are my default motif, and I like the contrast of straight lines.
Also I admit I love the creative freedom of making it up as I go along so I never know how the design will look until it's finished. I used Quilters Dream 80/20 batting and a neutral thread. I'm very happy with the Giant Star quilt, it was fun to quilt and tomorrow they both return to the quilter who will bind and label them.