Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Oh My Goodness!

 That's all I could say when I realised how slack I have been about blogging, and I have noticed that some of my fellow bloggers are even worse! Not that I haven't thought about it and knowing I was soooo far behind wondering how I would catch up, but life has been harder and my "spare" time less!

In addition to the global covid debacle and my husband's cancer treatments and entertaining two days a week our now 15 month old delightful granddaughter, there's the fact that I finally succumbed to covid at Christmas time and ended up with double pneumonia! I had easily avoided the infection for two years until we all went to Boston for Christmas and on the fifth day there came down with a variant, something I had not yet been exposed to. It went through the entire family and for everyone else it was like a cold or a bit of a cough but I became very very ill. I do believe that my lungs have finally cleared as I am no longer wheezing and returned to the gym this week with no adverse effects except for some mild soreness in muscles that had not been used for a couple of months!

                                                           The gorgeous Emma at one year!
Our long awaited addition to the home, my new quilt studio and a workshop for DH is almost finished. 700 square feet total I am so anxious to be able to gather all my sewing/quilting together in one space instead of spread from the garage to dining area to the library. Its been challenging, every project seemed to require twenty trips to the garage to dig through multiple totes and cabinets to find what I needed. But it's almost over, now the finish work hopefully will be completed in the next two weeks.
To follow up from the last quilt posting, I made this KS Garden Gate design quilt on commission for Rick and Erica, dear friends here in Phoenix. They have a beautiful print over the bed and they asked me to pull colors from it for the quilt.
The back has a large block with all the colors from the front and their names embroidered in the center
I am very happy that they love it!
The big flower panel below was a couple of weeks work maybe three, but fun and challenging to quilt. Its about 50" square. 
It was something I had been wanting to do for a long while, and I will quilt more of these panels but they are very intense so I have to take breaks from them! This one hangs in the law office of our niece in Boston along with another I made her a few years ago. Perhaps I'll take pictures of them next time we are in Boston.
I have ten more quilts to post to catch up and it will soon be 12, I am currently quilting two more for Quilts Of Valor for our heroic military. I am determined to get up to date and stay that way, so stay tuned, there will be lots more to post the next month as we move into our completed addition, I can hardly wait though I know the actual move will be a huge job!


 


No comments: