Thursday, February 21, 2019

One Of Two!

My dear friend Linda in CO. put together two of these tops at August retreat last year and left them to be quilted for her daybed and trundle. One is done and I hope to get the second finished and mailed next week. Such a clean pretty and simple design, Linda loves blue!
Linda wanted a seashore/beachy feel to the quilting so I used an upside down clam shell motif to resemble waves, while the feathers on the borders are the curling waves and the pebbles are the froth that foams up as the waves pound the shore. Or it could also represent the pebbles on the beach.
How did I do??
 I actually love the back which makes the quilt dual sided.  It makes a very nice change to be able to use both sides equally. Maybe the lighter side for summer and the darker for winter?
I am very happy with it and next week hope to duplicate the design on the second top.

No comments: