An unusual queen size quilt, a commission Jennifer took on to piece then asked me to quilt it. A bit different to the usual, and with every new project I learn something.
To make the letters stand out I did a diamond crosshatching using one of my longarm rulers. I had to mark the grid as I went in order to have it match up so there was a lot of rolling the quilt back and forth. Consequently I was forced to float the top which I never like to do, it makes it more difficult to keep the quilt square. I filled a clover chalk tool with whiteb"Magic Chalk" which may be ironed off but it all disappeared by itself by the time I was done.
Thankfully it worked out ok, and went together perfectly. I kept forgetting that the client wanted "Sooners" written in the quilting but managed to get it in a few times! I bound it by machine with some of the red backing fabric, I did not take a photo of the back because you could hardly see the quilting at all. Altogether I am quite pleased with the result and hope that the owner will be also!