Monday, January 21, 2019

Three More QOV's

These are for the Vietnam Helicopter Pilots Association to which DH belongs. They have an annual reunion in the summer each year and some of the wives who quilt construct 4-6 quilts for presentation. My part of the mission is to quilt them, others piece the blocks and construct the tops then send them to me. After quilting I send them on to the person who will bind them and attach the labels.
The first two I custom quilted mostly using rulers, I have come to really like this method for these kind of quilts. The mostly linear designs tend to be more masculine, and the solid backing shows off the designs very nicely.  I realize that ruler work isn't everyone's joy but it's fun for me though I wouldn't want to be restricted to it which is why the third quilt got a patriotic panto, I just ran out of juice, LOL!
So here is the third with a simple star and flag design.

1 comment:

Tatersmama said...

Oh, I'm so glad to see that you're still blogging - and still turning out such beautiful work! I need to take a photo of the quilt you made for me... it's on the spare bed, and it always gets such wonderful comments on your workmanship!