Sunday, November 6, 2016

Hannah's New Baby Quilt

One of two sweet baby quilts Hannah sent me to quilt for her expected great grandchildren, due before year's end.
 The label simply says "Love from Grandma Hannah"
 I strongly encourage labels for quilts, the maker may not care [as my friend really does not] but in years to come some one else may want to know about the identity of the quilter! I was able tp persuade my friend to put this very simple wording so at least that's something!
The basics for provenance are, who, when, for whom and where. I offer free machine embroidery labels for those I quilt usually embroidered directly onto the backing so that it's quilted into the quilt precluding loss of the information.
The second of Hannah's quilts is on the longarm and already started so it should be done in the next day or two

No comments: