Friday, December 25, 2015

Christmas 2015

Merry Christmas to all and a safe and successful 2016.
We gathered today for Christmas dinner, only eight, five were out of country/state etc! I made what has become our traditional meal for the day, Crown Roast of Pork, asparagus, roasted garnet yams and Monkey bread. There were homemade cinnamon buns for starters while dinner cooked and a yam cheesecake for dessert and about enough leftovers for DH and me tomorrow night so that worked out well.
Poor Button dog found all this Christmas activity just a bit too much and decided to take a nap on top of a pile of Matthew's quilts that he had stacked up on the couch.
By about 4:30 everyone had moved onto the next activity, so after I cleaned up the kitchen I decided to work on the Allietare quilt mystery clue 4. Clue 5 is due out and I wanted to get a little more done on #3. Here is how my four clues are looking, I am using dark blue instead of black and the blue stars are my grey.
None are completed with the required number but I have made a good start. The past weeks have been very busy as most others experience this time of year and we are off to Boston Sunday so I am not sure what will be accomplished sewing wise the next couple of weeks. I often get sewing in when niece has to go into the office, it's a good way to occupy myself. After a run to the gym I hope to sew on it again tomorrow.
I am linking up with Bonnie's weekly "link up party"
Usually the final Bonnie Hunter mystery clue comes out at New Year and we will be in MA- where the weather is warmer than Arizona, LOL! I had planned to take all my winter woolies but I may not need them at all.

No comments: