Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Before and After!

The wedding quilt is off the longarm ready for binding tomorrow. Whew, a big job, took me just over a week to quilt, that's why I have been absent from the blogging scene.
 The quilt before quilting……..
and after.
 It is still huge, I will trim it to 114" wide and however long it turns out!
 I think it's long enough for a pillow tuck.
I am hoping to make two throw pillows also. If the binding goes on tomorrow [after the gym] I will have time to make the pillows I found two very cute ideas on Pinterest that will allow me to use some of the left over fabrics.
I am pleased with the result in spite of the fact that my machine threw off some oily fluffy bits and I have a couple of little black spots with which to contend. I may end up treating again with oxyclean and Sard soap and laundering. I will see about that after I bind it and then decide how much of an issue it will be for me.
I will take better pics after it's bound and I can hang it for proper display, but you get the idea.
Whew again!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Wow, that is gorgeous, both the piecing and the quilting. The feathers are lovely. I want to keep working on learning feathers. The few I tried turned out nice.

Thanks for linking up with Needlework Tuesday.