Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Matthew's New Shoes


Last year I took Matthew to the Stride Rite store for new sandals and finally got around to repeating the act this year for shoes that would fit his much larger feet - and also because I was tired of replacing these after they fell off ! He has other shoes but these seemed to be the more frequent footwear of choice.


With apologies to all "croc" fans, I cannot wear them, they fall off my feet to begin with and Matthew has the same problem! I persuaded GF to come along and we headed for the Mall.
First stop, the Stride Rite Store, right across from the small one's play area which BTW, Matthew loves!
We had anticipated some protests from the young fellow about shopping before playing so we sneaked into the store keeping me between Matthew and the playground!


Fortunately the first pair he tried on worked so, whew, that was a relief, then off to the playground.

The next 40 minutes or so entailed much climbing.........







always up the down, you see.........

sliding..............

running ...........

falling..........

all thirsty work!


Until GF said "time for ice cream" ! No pics of our stop by the Gelato shop, I was too busy sharing with Matthew!


The "new shoes" boy!
Do you see that he is wearing one of the Aussie shirts I brought back from our recent visit DownUnder.

3 comments:

Cheryl Willis said...

looks like a great play ground and a neat pair of shoes, i would have concentrated on the ice cream too! a day with a kiddo is a good day

Khris said...

geez he is growing...such a cutie just like his Uncle Matthew...hugs Khris

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Sounds like a great day - but really, you had to share the gelato LOL! I think you might have deserved your own ;-)