Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The Chickens Have Come Home To Roost!

Last night, too late to link on the day with Needlework Tuesday I finished another 14 chicken pincushions! I think they turned out super cute, don't you?
The fabrics were just scraps, whatever I had that fell into the 4.5" square range.
Tails and beaks are from 3", 2.5" and 1.5" scraps.
The top knots too are from my stash of trims.
The first one, already gifted, was filled with crushed walnut shells but it was messy and difficult. 
So my only purchase for the project was a large bag of the cheapest rice !
The original instructions came from a Missouri Quilt Company video on Youtube, you only need to watch it once, maybe twice. Minimal hand work, some of the topknots,  those I discovered wouldn't sew into the seams easily, plus hand sewing an inch to close after filling with the rice. 

2 comments:

Andee said...

Too cute! I am going to have to make it to one of these retreats, lol! What a bunch of lucky gals!

farmlady said...

These are so adorable. Rice does sound like a better filler.
So were is the Retreat and who are these for?