Monday, August 11, 2014

iPod Cover

My iPod has been surviving in a couple of battered little cases, well worn past their prime! This evening I had an impulse to change that after seeing a tut on the Connecting Threads website for an iPhone cover.
The description states that this is large enough for iPhone with cover but I think it would be tight as you can see my iPod without a cover just fits.
 This is the other side.
It turned out to be a bit fussy, lots of little pieces and I did not find the tutorial very clear. I think were I to make another I would not bother cutting and sewing all those little bits, but just use two pieces of a cute fabric. I quilted it on the DSM just as the tut suggested.
 I am quite happy with it and now no longer need to be concerned about having the iPod slip out of the old covers.

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi Roslyn,
Very pretty, love the colors you used. Too small for me to do. My eyes aren't what they used to be. lol Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought
http://100sweets.blogspot.com/2014/08/needlework-tuesday.html

Heather said...

this is a good idea. The closure looks easy and very workable. Thanks for sharing this. I have hubby's old ipod and I don't like it in my bag without a cover. May have to make one.

Thanks for linking up with Needlework Tuesday.