Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Merry Mayhem Modern Mystery Finish!

The final borders are on, the addition of cornerstones I think has helped to make the added borders appear more as if they were originally planned!
I haven't quite decided how to quilt it, either with overlapping circles or perhaps Baptist Fan. I am really very happy with my first official "modern" quilt, and as if to celebrate I have subscribed to "Modern Quilts" and received my first copy today.

There was a special offer for  a one year subscription and I thought I would try it, I will report on my first impressions when I have had a chance to peruse it!

6 comments:

Miri said...

Great quilts...having a problem commenting-your code isn't showing up.

Andee said...

Your quilt looks great! Hope I can leaf through your magazine too!

Heather said...

it turned out lovely. I'm looking forward to some 'modern' this year as well, first a few UFO's , then I can let loose.

KaHolly said...

What a lovely quilt! It's fun to explore new magazines!

Anonymous said...

Thегe's definately a great deal to learn about this issue. I love all the points you've mаde.
Take a look at my weblog ; how to stop snoring naturally

Kathy Shea Mormino said...

Hi! I’m new follower of your blog and would like to invite you to join me at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop:

http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2013/03/clever-chicks-blog-hop-24-and-three.html



I hope you can make it!



Cheers,

Kathy Shea Mormino

The Chicken Chick