Sunday, July 29, 2018

Two Vacation Projects

Leslie and I managed to crank out four quilt projects on our sweat shop week back in May. Two of mine are now quilted and bound, oh happy day! This poor little color wheel was sadly lacking....something
so I came up with a stop border of the scraps and a narrow yellow/gold final border.
 With the addition of purple binding it was transformed from an ugly duckling into a colorful swan and now I love it, I might even keep it-for a while anyway to enjoy my handiwork before passing it along for someone else to enjoy. In fact I just thought of the perfect person!
The backing is from a small piece in stash and also the double layer of QD poly batting, I never throw away any but the tiniest pieces and most of those go to my friend who makes dog beds for the local shelters. There are many ways to recycle batting and fabric scraps.
 The second finish is this "Color Explosion" quilt.
 I had a lot of fun quilting this and it was good practice for a couple of different ideas.
The backing is a lovely soft flannel left from a baby quilt several years ago and just the right amount for backing and binding.
Oh happy day indeed!

No comments: