Thursday, December 15, 2016

Kathy's Allietare

Here is another version of Bonnie Hunter's Allietare, Kathy's color choices are striking.
The Panto I chose has a swirly design, not flowery but looks to me like tumbleweeds blowing across the prairie. I like the movement it gives the quilt especially nice with these very scrappy quilts.
 The thread is Essentials Pro Turkey Red and the batting Quilter's Dream Pink, a lovely, soft draping 80%cotton/20%poly.
And yes I have been AWOL for a few weeks, life got in the way of quilting partly on account of my foot surgery but also out of town family visiting for our oldest son's 50th. birthday bash, an 80's costume party. Everything from Rock'nRoll icons to Ghost Busters,Top Gun, and of course ladies in Madonna-like costume and some like myself sporting the big shoulder pads and leg warmers!
The man himself and his BF "Top Gun" who flew out from Australia just for the event.
 Cousins from Boston and his brother and wife, it was quite a night!
 As I said, the big shoulder pads, big hair and eye popping pink, you just can't see the leg warmers!
Adjustment to the disco ball!
Official bartender!
There were a lot more people and photos, this is all I took, too busy having fun!
A night to remember with a hot local DJ doing the music.

1 comment:

Andee Neff said...

Lol this one is Kathy s allietare!