Thursday, December 18, 2008

Veronica's quilt


OK, I got the label on while Veronica's sister was here & she headed right to the hospital to deliver it. Veronica may be in the hospital over Christmas she is having chemo for Leukemia & she has young ones at home, I know how they will miss each other, mom & kids.

It's a pretty quilt, not one I would ever choose for myself, but I am SO happy to have this UFO done,done & gone! I hope that it may cheer her up & give her a little encouragement & I sent a message that we would keep her in our prayers.
I had to go to the local QS to purchase more of the B&W fabrics for baby Matthew's quilt, Mem's Mum, Margot came too & got the fabric for the crib skirt. I completely spaced it, forgot the striped border fabric, duh, so now I will have to go back, sigh! I bought the white minkee for the back of the quilt & I was pleased to have a "25% off total purchase" for my local QS, minkee is VERY expensive!
Also bought a very sweet panel, 40% off, it would make nice pillows or a bag. In case no one else likes it I DO! Obviously I am NOT on "no buy"!

No comments: