Friday, October 2, 2015

Row By Row #'s Seven, Eight And Nine!

I am on a roll with the rows, I am considering another half dozen rows, I really have to make one from TX and there are a couple more that call to me!
The adorable umbrellas are from The Yankee Quilter in Seymour CT. The row was too cute not to make, I even cut out some of the rain drops from the fabric and scattered them around.
 The sailboats row came from Piecing With poppers in West Greenwich RI. This is the original design which of course I had to change!
I had the blue ocean-like fabric which made for nicer contrast and I much prefer my version!
  I added the wording with my embroidery machine and I may yet add the red piping around the outside. One advantage of these rows, they take very little fabric which is a good opportunity to use up small bits and scraps.
 The starry row came from Quilt Coton in Gatineau, Canada.
After trying half a dozen times to get a better pic I finally gave up,
 and took a couple of close ups.
I am thinking that the dark blue at the bottom is meant to represent the ocean.
Tomorrow after the gym I need to finish up painting the cabinet in the family bathroom then maybe another row or two?

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hi Roslyn, I did collect 5 or 6 row patterns here, I'll send a private email with details. Would be happy to mail you one of the patterns so you have one from Ontario.

cityquilter grace said...

lovely rows! all very cute...