Monday, January 17, 2011

The Mug Rug

The Phoenix Modern Quilt Guild is to meet again next Saturday and I understand there is to be a "Rug Mug" swap, so this evening I took a few minutes to make one.
I sewed on a little pocket and put in a ginger tea bag. I might stop into the coffee shop and pick up one of those sticks with sugar crystals on them.
I pulled out an orphan block, sandwiched it with a piece of scrap batting and a couple of strips from the scrap drawer for backing.
A few more strips from the scraps collection and I had enough for a binding............
and the whole thing went together before I had even watched an entire episode of "Criminal Minds"!
I promised last post to show a pic. of how I sew the binding from the front using my SID foot, shown above, very slick!
Here's a close-up so you can see the 'almost invisible' stitching attaching the binding from the front.
A good way to use up an orphan block and a few scraps, every little bit helps to keep the stash under control!

1 comment:

farmlady said...

I believe you when you say, "I took a few minutes to make one." That's you Ros, quilter extraordinaire.
This is a really cute idea. Love the pocket for sugar and tea. Speaking of tea, have you tried Bigelow's Green Tea with Pomegranate? It's really good.