Monday, April 23, 2018

On Ringon Lake

The results of a relaxing Sunday afternoon in my most happy place, my Longarm Quilting Loft, because quilting is not a job for me it's a joy! 
Edge to Edge feathers in the body of the quilt and a formal feather motif in the setting triangles.
Bonnie Hunter Mystery quilts are very time consuming, many, many tiny pieces and this one had a complicated pieced setting, half a dozen pieces in each strip. I find these quilts so busy that I think that full custom quilting would be rather wasted time but I like to do something a bit special in the borders.
A light peachy/pink thread from Superior So Fine and Quilter's Dream Pink 80/20 cotton /poly batting finished up the project-another checked off the list.
My sashings do not all go in the correct direction but after struggling to get it right for a while I just gave up! The recipient will never know the difference, even I have a hard time seeing it.
The backing is a neutral print from stash and the binding another piece left from...something!

No comments: