The trip involved two days of nine hours each on the road, very tiring in itself. Add in dismantling of the set up and careful packing and loading onto the rented trailer. It took about two hours to tear down the machine and table Monday evening and another hour and a half to load it up for transit next morning, not bad overall!
The machine head was strapped into the back seat of the Avalanche
but table and components went on the trailer.It was an uneventful drive if you discount the horrible CA. Traffic. I could not live there, truly, it is crazy and we went nowhere near Los Angeles or any other major city. Nine hours each way for what would be less than seven with reasonable traffic.
We took some pics that helped in rebuilding the set up, and all went pretty smoothly. DH did a stellar job all kudos to him and my friend Gale a long time Prodigy owner and heirloom quilter was also helpful Via iPhone.
Almost there, only a few more pieces to attach including the third pole and batting access and I will be able to test Prodigy.We discovered in the process that I appear to have a faulty encoder for the stitch regulator which should be simply replaced. We have spoken with the design engineer of this machine, we can have no better guide and he has the encoder and will mail it to me. I also discovered that I had equipment belonging to Molly's Innova and in turn the hopping feet for Prodigy had been left behind in her studio so we exchanged these by mail!
Otherwise I made a few minor adjustments and Prodigy is running nicely in manual mode, and with a new encoder will run just as well in auto! I hope we are happy together in the new space, and there are no adjustment issues from sunny California to the Valley of The Sun!